"Social inclusion is at the heart of the school’s ambitious culture. Leaders and staff provide effective teaching and nurture for all pupils, regardless of their background." Ofsted, 2019
Dear Parents and Carers,
RE: School reopening plans from 8th June 2020
Who can now attend school and from when?
- Young people who have been risk assessed as safe to come to school will be contacted and offered a place. Risk assessments involved collecting parent and pupil views.
- Children cannot attend if they, or a family member they live with, have symptoms of Covid-19.
- Any children who are ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ should not attend school.
- If someone in your household is ‘extremely clinically vulnerable’ (shielded), the DfE guidance states that pupils should only attend if stringent social distancing can be adhered to.
- Students will be in for half days from 9-12pm or 12.30-2.30pm.
- Students who do not follow physical distancing rules will not be allowed to attend school until the risks to them and others have been reviewed and reduced.
- We have staggered arrival times to ensure no families are dropping off and picking up at the same time.
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school site. If you wish to speak to a member of staff, please call or email us.
How will classes be organised?
- Children will be organised to be located in a teaching space with up to 1 other child.
- The children will be with the same group of children throughout the whole week. They will not mix with other children in the school.
- The intention is that they will be with the same educator all week.
- To ensure Health & Safety, there will be a ratio of 1:1.
- If students wish to eat, they will do so at their desks.
- Each student will have their own desks, stationary and tray for work. Each desk will be taped off to demarcate safe physical distance in the room.
Cleaning/Health and Safety
- The school will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day. Surfaces such as door handles will be wiped down more frequently throughout the day.
- Students will be asked to wash their hands throughout the day, not just after they have used the toilet.
- Walkways will be taped to ensure students stay an appropriate physical distance from others.
- All soft furnishings and cushions will be removed from the classrooms
- We will always try to maintain safe distancing in school but please be aware this will be challenging, especially with our younger children.
- There is no expectation that staff will routinely wear face coverings. However, staff may wear PPE in very specific circumstances.
What will children need to bring/wear?
- Children should follow the usual dress code policy, ensuring that they are wearing clean clothes every day.
- Students do not need to bring anything else with them to school as lunch and stationary will be provided.
- Students should not bring their mobile phones to school.
- Please ensure your child has applied an all day sunscreen for the event of us spending time outside.
- For those children who do not return to school, we will continue with home/remote learning.
- Packs will continue to be sent out for each pupil and online learning can be accessed via the links on the Virtual School section of the website.
- Students will have individual and group slots weekly to check on their well-being, support their home learning, and have an opportunity for some social time with their peers.
Head of School